Bucharest is home of some of the best poker events in Eastern Europe and February is the month of All-In Classic Event €100.000 GTD. Here are five reasons you should be in Bucharest between the 3rd and the 9th of February.
1. All-In Poker Club, the largest poker club in Romania will organise one of its best tournaments of the year, The Classic Event with €100.000 GTD.
2. The location. All-In Poker Club is located in the heart of Bucharest, 4th floor of Cocor Store. Within walking distance from the Old City center, you will be able to reach immediately the most interesting places in the Romanian capital.
3. Bucharest is a mesmerizing city. The Old City is full of amazing restaurants, where you can enjoy one of the best traditional food, “sarmale cu mămăliguţă”. We recommed going to “Carul cu bere”, which is 2 minute walk from All-In Poker Club. “Carul cu bere” is one of the oldest restaurants in Romania, established in 1879. (foto 1)
4. Nightlife! Also very close to All-In Poker Club you will find lots of bars, pubs and clubs where you can enjoy any kind of drinks and also, you can listen to any type of music you are interested in. (foto 2)
5. Accomodation. Unlike other European capitals, in Bucharest you can find great places to stay at really small prices. We recommend using airbnb to book a room near our warm and amazing poker club, ALL-IN, situated at the 4th floor of Cocor Store.
Bonus! We have created a tour guide of the best places in Bucharest. Here it is:
A perfect day in Bucharest must begin at L’autographe Café Pub (Strada Covaci 12, București 030094), which is just across the street from All-In Poker Club. Being in the Old City center, you should continue your day wandering the narrow streets of old town and take advantage of the location to visit a very different museum. The Romanian Kitsch Museum (Strada Covaci 6) is more like a trip back to the communist period. It is the best way to understand the Romanian (sub)culture and traditions.
After a five minute walk, you’ll find The National History Museum (Calea Victoriei 12, București 030026). It is Romania’s most important museum, as it contains historical artifacts from prehistoric times up to modern times. With a surface of over 8,000 square meters, the museum has approx. 60 valuable exhibition rooms. The permanent displays include a plaster cast of the entirety of Trajan’s Column, the Romanian Crown Jewels, and the Pietroasele treasure.
For lunch, we recommed going back to the old city, where you can find Carul cu Bere – “the beer wagon”. Established in 1879, the building is an architectural masterpiece, but more important, here you can eat most of the traditional Romanian foods. For lunch, we recommed the famous tripe soup and for the main course you should try the best food in the world – sarmale cu mămăliguţă.
If you are in a mood for shopping, we recommend Cocor Store, where all the Romanian designers have their shops.
Since we are back at Cocor Store, the best part is about to be revealed. It’s poker time and All-In Poker Club is there, at the 4th floor, and awaits its customers with the best tournaments and cash tables in town. Don’t forget about the gem of the month: All-In Classic Event, €100.000 GTD.
Your night sould continue back in the old city. Bars, pubs, clubs with live music are welcomig a lot of tourists and they all offer good value for the money spent.
One last tip! If you want a taxi from the old city center, do not take one from those waiting there. Use Uber, Bolt or the Clever application, which is only for Bucharest.